Monday, May 7, 2012

Spider bite...EEP!

Friday night was a typical one, here at the homestead.  We had family movie night and watched a marathon of America's Funniest Home Videos, all night.  I went to bed early, as I had a long 9 mile run Saturday morning.  Set my alarm to wake up at 5:30, and hit the hay

I woke up Saturday morning, and my left eye was swollen shut!

I put an ice pack on it and went on my run, thinking I must have gotten bitten in the middle of the night.
Throughout the day my eye was itchy, but the swelling stayed down.  My husband moved my pillow and a Daring Jumping Spider started hopping toward him, so he did what any strong, courageous husband would do-he killed it.

And there's the ferocious, rat-bastard!  So I put it in a baggie and went about my day.

Sunday was gonna be a BIG day for me.  The Southwest Half Marathon was this Sunday and a shit-ton of my pals from the Rucking Funners-Frankfort/New Lenox run club were running.  I was planning on going out to Palos with my girl friends and cheering on our friends.  My alarm went off on Sunday at 5:30 and I looked like this: 
 HOLY SHIT, is right!!  I called my friends and said "leave without me, I look like I'm auditioning for Rocky VIII". I posted these pictures to FB and everyone was saying to get my swollen head to the doctor, NOW!! But my face didn't hurt (maybe to look at) but I felt fine!  I started to wonder if that little critter laid eggs in my eye and they were growing, so my fear got the best of me and I went to urgent care.  The Dr. confirmed my original thoughts (SUCK IT UP, PORKCHOP) and said keep putting ice on there, and take benedryl.  He also Rx'd a steroid dose pack to tell my body's histamines to "back off". But by 2pm I wasn't looking that much better. 

This morning I woke up at 5:25 without an alarm, feeling FAN-FREAKIN"-TASTIC!  I am currently on an ultimate body reset, eating foods that are whole and fresh, and I am on day 7 of 21.  I can't believe how wonderful I feel, and how fast my body is recovering from my 9 mile run.  This morning I felt like I could run a quick 10 miles, no problem.  Amazing what eating good food does for you body.  ANYWHO...that's another blog :)  This is the way I looked this morning.

Not 100%, but I will take it!  

Have you ever had to deal with something like this?  What did you do?

Have a fantastic week!!

Cheers! 
Jeni



1 comment: