Saturday, May 12, 2012

I am the mother of a babysitter!

Today was a special day here.  My oldest daughter, Meg, graduated today from babysitting academy.  She spent 3 out of 5 days of her spring break at the New Lenox Fire Dept. training in first aid, CPR, AED, and fire extinguishers.  Today she graduated with her Certified CPR/First Aid card.  I am so proud of her!




Here she is accepting her CPR/First Aid and diploma for Babysitting Academy.  She learned so much in those 3 days.  The NLFD brought in a librarian the first day to show the girls how to make crafts with simple items you find around the house.  The second day a safety officer from the NLPD came in to give the girls some tips on keeping their kids safe, and how to react in  stranger danger situation.  The graduates also learned how to properly use and AED and Fire extinguisher.

After the ceremony, the NLFD generously  provided cake, juice and coffee.  It was such a great event for the girls and their parents.  I am beaming with pride!  Great job Meg!!


Her graduation class 


Me and my baby girl ♥

I still can't believe my "little" girl is almost 4" taller than I am!  They grow so fast, days like these remind me to cherish them while they're young.  

Congratulations Meg!  I love you so much!

Cheers!
Jeni

No comments:

Post a Comment