Wednesday, December 7, 2011

The Help.

I don't read much.  I read what people recommend and what I hear buzz about.  I read all the Harry Potter books, as they came out.  I read a Nora Robert's Trilogy, I read the Twilight series.  The last book I read before The Help was a book about dogs that my daughter loved so much, I wanted to share in her emotion so I read it, and yeah...it was a good book.

I'm a terrible judge of movies, mmkay?  I swear I watched Barbie Princess School the other day with my 5 year old daughter and cried when Blair told that bitch-mom's daughter that she was the real princess.  Dude...this is a animated movie about an orphaned Barbie Princess.  I am just that person that thinks pretty much every.single.movie. is a life-changer.

I read The Help over Thanksgiving.  GREAT book (according to me).  I laughed, I cried, I thought...it was just a great book that made me appreciate the life I have and the era I was raised.  I mean, I thought I had it rough <--that's an embarrassing statement.  So for the last two weeks I been wringing my hands waiting for the movie to come out on DVD, and got one in my hot little hands.  Here's my opinion of  The Help (the movie).  I love the actors, they did a fantastic job.  The movie writers sucked big donkey balls on this one.  They cut, edited, and MADE UP shit that wasn't in the movie, just pissed me off.  I felt a little like Minnie when Skeeter said she wasn't putting the pie story in the book.  I wish I would have done one of two things:

1. Watched the shit-ass movie first, then raved about the book.
2. Not watched the movie at all.

I want my $1.00 back, Redbox.

No comments:

Post a Comment