Thursday, December 8, 2011

Angel on a tree

If you're a parent, you've probably heard of "An Angel On A Tree".  This fantastic little program helps kids in need.  A class donates money to help provide a better holiday for one child.  My son's class raised $85 for this cause.  I volunteered to shop for this little angel.

Yesterday I went to the school and picked up an envelope with $85.00 cash, and a little green index card that said I'm shopping for a 7 year old girl, she loves pink, she needs clothes, a winter coat, and would like some hair accessories for Christmas.

My first thought was, this little angel needs a coat and just wants some hair things for Christmas?  wow.  My kids' lists are embarrassing.

I immediately start prowling the interwebz for store coupons.  Turned out, my best option was Kohls, and I had a 20% off coupon, too. *knuckle bump*  After putting Rory on the bus, I grabbed my little angel's green index card and headed out.  I bought:


  • A pink winter coat
  • Fleece scarf
  • Fleece gloves
  • Fleece hat
  • Flannel PJ's with matching PJ's for a doll
  • A 10 pc hair pony set
  • A 6 pack of sparkly headbands
  • Fur Real friends newborn puppy
  • Black/Pink/Purple fleece peace sign zip up hoodie
  • A suffed dolphin with a matching book about the dolphin
The stuffed dolphin/book combo benefited Kohl's Cares too, which works to support kids in education, cures for cancer and they even have associates who volunteer for their cause.

I walked outta there spending $88, a smile as big as Texas, and my heart all warm and fuzzy.  I sure hope our little Angel likes her stuff.  

No comments:

Post a Comment