Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Family

I am so excited this week, my mom her 3 sisters are coming to visit and my house is the hub!  I haven't seen my aunts in over 12 years!

My mom and step dad are on their way now.  I am picking my Aunt Linda up at Midway at 7pm and then my Aunt Brenda and Aunt Sue are driving in on Friday night.  It's going to memory making week and weekend!

My family is scattered all over.  We live in Northern Illinois, just south of Chicago.  My in-laws just moved to Florida a few months ago.  I have no blood relative within 300 miles (or a 5 hour drive).  My dad and sisters are in Southern Illinois, so if something happens I'm so far away.  I hate that.  I hate being so far from the ones I love.  They can't see the kids grow, they miss milestones, holidays, and weekends.  It's hard and heartbreaking.

While my family is in town this week I will stay on schedule with my marathon training, which means I'll either stay up late yakking my jaws and have to suck it up at 5 am or it means that I will have to say good night early so I am refreshed and ready to swim/bike/run on any given day.

What's the best thing about your family?  What do you love most about the get-togethers?

I'm gonna say all the reminiscing, smiles and new memories made.

♥ Cheers!

Jeni


No comments:

Post a Comment