Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Nutrition...again

So who took my challenge and did something different to change their bad habits?  A few weeks ago I went and had some blood drawn to check all my "levels" hormones, iron, cholesterol, A1C, liver enzymes, etc.

I can tell you I am still overweight with a BMI of 26.4, but I'm right on that border. Normal range is 18-25, so I need to lose about 10 pounds to be considered "normal" for my height.  I weigh 136lbs and I am 5'0" inches tall.  I think that's about right.  I think I look healthiest at about 125ish.  I should say my stubby legs are solid muscle, so that should account for something, but I carry weight in my gut, and that's no-so-muscular.

Here's the un-FREAKING-believable news.  My Cholesterol went from 231 in January to a whooping 193 in February.  That is down 38 points in 40 days.  I owe it ALL to nutrition.

Have you ever heard of someone's cholesterol going down 38 points in 40 days?  That's just under 1 point a day.  Oh...and I've lost 5lbs in the last two weeks, too.  Maybe more, but I haven't weighed myself this week.

So, you know I've been juicing 5-7 days a week, and drinking shakeology everyday.  I haven't changed my workout routine at all.  I still walk/run or do turbofire every.single.day.  I've been doing my same routine for years.  walk/run/workout everyday, I rarely take a rest day, it's usually an active rest day.  The only change is my nutrition.  There's proof to what many have been saying for eons.  you can workout everyday, but if you don't change the way you eat, you're just pissing in the wind.

2 comments:

  1. As with everything, it's the whole package that counts. One thing can't be spot on while other things slide or nothing comes together. You are doing great! Keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amanda!! It's always a good reminder, because so many think that you can 'spot clean' the body. It just ain't happening.

      Delete