Monday, February 13, 2012

One Thing.

If you could change one thing about they way you live to make it better, what would it be?

I would LOVE to have chickens.  For their eggs and their meat.  I currently live in a subdivision on a 1/2 acre lot.  We have a fairly nice sized back yard and could easily house chickens, but city ordinances prevent us from having them.  BOO!



Chicken is the hardest thing for me to buy and eat.  Truth be told, I haven't bought chicken in about 3 months.  I may have eaten it at a family dinner here or there, but I can't recall.  Chicken through the BIG 4 meat processors are raised in the most deplorable conditions.  Too fat to stand or walk more than a few seconds, breast so big, because we, Americans, love big breasts.



Without getting too political (my social and fiscal politics are on two opposite ends of the spectrum, I'm the most conservative liberal you'll ever meet), I just can't bear the thought of these chickens being treated and slaughtered in the mass manner they are, then feeding that to my family.  I guess my generation has been conditioned into believing that those beautiful farms in the commercials with big red barns, and rolling fields of grain are the actual places our meat is coming from, and we believe them.  Most of us never having to slaughter our own meat for survival, like our grandma's did.  But, alas, it's way easier this way, I suppose or much more of us would be vegetarian.




So if you could change ONE THING today to make your life better, what would it be?

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment