Monday, January 30, 2012

Days Go By...

I realized this weekend how I loathe winter: short days, cold weather, coats, boots, hats, gloves, and slush.  I have never been out of the country, but want to go somewhere warm, sunny, and tropical right now.  I want to lay on the beach holding a my ice cold seltzer water with lemon and watch the kids play in the sand/surf.

***WE INTERRUPT THIS BLOG TO YELL "JAKE DON'T MAKE YOUR SISTER THROW AWAY YOUR DIRTY EARWAX Q-TIP!  THERE'S A TRASH CAN IN THE BATHROOM-THAT'S GROSS!"***

 I want to feel warm breezes blow gently through my hair as I taste the salt on my lips and feel the warm sun on my skin.  Take me there.  Actually, scratch the "watch the kids play in the sand/surf", I want to be there with my husband only.  My dad will happily watch the kids for me, right?

I just want to go to Fiji.  My husband doesn't like to fly, and won't fly unless he absolutely has to (like that time he HAD to go to a bachelor party in Ft. Lauderdale) *insert an insanely painful looking eye-roll*




Can someone please convince my wonderful husband of 13 years that this place NEEDS me??  I really really really want to go.  Maybe for our 15 year anniversary?  I'll save my pennies, I promise...just take me there.

Incidentally, as I was looking for pictures of Fiji, I found another blog that said "the most depressing day of the year is the 3rd Monday in January".  Today is the 4th Monday in January.  I don't know if I would say I'm depressed, but irritated and tired of this crappy weather.

Maybe I'll go to a tanning salon today and imagine laying on the beach while in a tanning bed?  HUGE THANK YOU to my Wifey, Diane for letting me get nekkid in her basement to use her tanning bed!!

CHEERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment